Master’s Programme in Design Management
It is a unique educational opportunity for design students and Bachelor students from the Humanities and Social Sciences.
The programme accepts both design students and university students with a qualifying Bachelor’s degree. With this initiative, the two educational institutions tap into a unique design competence cluster in Kolding. The programme enables students to develop cross-disciplinary competences in the creative, communicative, economic and organisational aspects of design development in industry businesses and organisations.
During the two-year Master's Programme, students acquire cross-disciplinary competences to manage the creative, communicative, economic and organisational aspects of design development in industry businesses and organisations. Students learn to integrate competences from the areas of design, social science and the humanities.
The Master’s Programme in Design Management combines knowledge within the following main areas:
- Idea development, concept formation and process management in relation to design
- Business economic management tools and management theory related to the design and organisation of design – from concept to commercialisation
- Strategic communication planning and cultural analysis in relation to design.
The Master’s Programme in Design qualifies students for three competence profiles:
- The design producer, who works with the development of concepts and concrete design
- The design manager, who combines management aspects with creative and innovative projects
- The design communicator, who works with concepts, communication and research combined with design development