New board of directors
Design School Kolding has a new board of directors. The six members have different professional and business backgrounds. This ensures Design School Kolding a competent and dynamic board, which is able to chart the course for the future.
New chairman of the board is Senior Vice President for Innovation & Marketing in LEGO, Per Hjuler, who replaces Mads Nipper who was chairman for eight years and headed a rapid development at Design School Kolding. Per Hjuler makes it clear that the school will continue this development:
- Design School Kolding has strong local and regional roots. The new board will work to sustain these roots while further strengthening the school’s national and especially international position.
The board also comprises Pia Bech Mathiesen, CEO of Universe (Vice Chaiman); Jane Sandberg, Director, Danish Academic Architects’ Association; Sanna Lindberg, HR Global, H&M; Merete Due Paarup, Member of the City Council, Kolding Municipality; Otto Ottosen, Member of the Regional Council, Region of Southern Denmark.
The board of directors is elected by Design School Kolding’s board of representatives. They represent the recruitment panel for the school’s graduate level students and also serve as discussion partner to support the continued growth of the school.
New board of representatives
The board of representatives is comprised of members appointed from various professional fields of practice and institutions.
Appointed by Design Denmark
• Pia Bech Mathiesen, CEO, Danfoss Universe
• Morten Grøn, Director, Design Denmark
• Rune Kirt, Architect and Partner, Kirt Thomsen
• Simon Skafdrup, Founding Partner and CEO 3PART
Appointed by the Danish Arts and Crafts Association
• Hans Christian Asmussen, Owner, NATiON.dk
• Anne Mette Larsen, Independent Textile Designer
Appointed by the Region of Southern Denmark
• Otto Ottosen, Member of the Regional Council
Appointed by Kolding Municipality
• Merete Due Paarup, Member of the City Council, Kolding Municipality
Appointed by the Danish Federation of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
• Niels Kastrup, Co-owner, Randers + Radius
Appointed by the Confederation of Danish Industry
• Mads Nipper, Grundfos
• Per Hjuler, Lego
• Jonas Smedegaard Buus, Designit
Appointed by the Danish Academic Architects’ Association
• Jane Sandberg, Director, Danish Academic Architects’ Association
Appointed by Design School Kolding
• Sanne Lindberg, HR Global, H&M
• Jesper Holst Schmidt, CEO Kähler